During a microdermabrasion procedure, an applicator with an abrasive surface is used to gently sand the outer layer of the skin. It is a minimally invasive procedure that rejuvenates the skin and improves overall skin tone and texture.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion:
• Minimally invasive, FDA-approved procedure that is safe for most skin types and colors
• Can improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage, age spots, acne scarring, and melasma
• Brightens skin and reduces enlarged pores and blackheads
• Improves uneven skin tone and texture
• No down-time allowing you to resume normal activities immediately
Contraindications and Side-Affects
Your Riva provider will consider your medical information, including any allergies and recent cosmetic procedures and surgeries to determine if you are a good candidate for microdermabrasion.
You may experience mild tenderness, redness, and minor swelling after the procedure which normally resolves within a few hours after treatment. Some minor bruising may also occur.